03 Feb NEET SS 2021: Notification, Eligibility, Registration, Dates & Admit Card
NEET SS is known as NEET Super Specialty. NEET SS 2021 is conducted by the National Board of Education for providing admission in various DM/MCh courses. It is the single entrance examination that is considered for granting Super Specialty courses across Indian medical institutions. There are a number of colleges/universities that take part in this nationwide entrance examination.
Students who have completed their postgraduate degree are eligible for taking NEET Super Specialty tests. According to the rules of MCI/NMC, students seeking admission in SS degree courses in India have to clear NEET-SS. All private colleges, universities and deemed universities and Armed forces medical institutions accept the scores of NEET SS.
The NEET SS 2020 was successfully conducted on 15th September, 2020. Results for the same have been declared on the official website of NTA on 25th September 2020. Currently, 2nd round counselling of NEET 2020 is in process. Authority has released the guidelines regarding reporting time and documents required for counselling.
|NEET SS full form||National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination- Super Specialty|
|Concerning authority||National Board of Education|
|Exam type||Super Specialty type|
|Mode of Examination||Computer based test.|
|Duration of examination||3 hour and thirty minutes.|
|Nature of Questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Total no. of questions||100 questions.|
|Purpose of examination||To provide admission in DM/MCh courses.|
|Eligibility criteria||Postgraduates can apply.|
NEET 2021 Important Dates
|NEET Official Notifications||To be announced|
|Application releasing date||To be announced|
|Registration last date||To be announced|
|Opening of Correction window||To be announced|
|Admit card releasing date||To be announced|
|Last date of downloading admit card||To be announced|
|Examination date||To be announced|
|Results announcement date||To be announced|
NEET SS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking admission to pursue post-doctoral courses must have to meet with the NEET SS Eligibility criteria that is mentioned below. It is compulsory to satisfy the requirements to be eligible for admission. Eligibility criteria for national and NRI candidates is clearly mentioned below.
National (Indian) Candidates
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- No age limit for interested candidates.
- Candidates must have pursued post-graduate medical degree or any equivalent degree qualification to appear for the entrance examination.
Foreign Nationals Candidates
- No age limit set for test takers.
- NRI candidates who are interested in NEET SS entrance examination are eligible to take test without MCI registration.
- On demand, if the NRI candidate is interested, then the Medical Council of India may provide temporary registration for a limited duration of post-doctoral course on paying the prescribed registration fees.
- Candidates must have their Provincial Pass Certificate to be eligible for examination.
NEET SS 2021 Application Form
To appear for NEET SS examination, candidates must have to fill an application form. The Application form will be released on the official website from the prescribed date. Filling an application form is necessary in the process of taking admission. Additionally, make sure that you will provide accurate details in the application form. Mode of filling applications is online.
Steps to fill application form
- Go to the official website.
- Press the application form link available on the homepage of the website.
- After pressing the link, you will be redirected to a new page that is for the registration.
- Now you have to fill basic details like name, Date of Birth, E mail ID, Phone number, etc.
- After entering the details, submit it.
- Now you will be provided by a username and password on your registered mobile number or email.
- Use that ID/username or Password for continuing the next step.
- After Log In fill the other required details like educational details, qualification, selecting test center, preferred Super Specialty course, etc. Recheck the details one more time and then move on to the next step.
- Upload the scanned copy of your photograph and Signature. Make sure the image should not blurry and under the prescribed dimensions.
- Pay the Application form fees and finally submit it.
- Take a print out of the application form for future use.
NEET SS 2021 Application Fee
The National board of Examination (NBE) has fixed an amount as Application form charges that will be paid by the interested candidates. Candidates can pay the fee by using online payment methods like, internet banking, credit card, and debit card. Application fees are non-refundable. The interested candidates have to pay 375 INR.
NEET SS 2021 Admit Card
Admit cards are also known as hall tickets. The admit card will be available only to those candidates who have been successfully registered for the examination. It will be available on the official website of NBE. Admit card contains the details of the candidate, examination and guidelines issued by the authority. Taking admit cards into the examination hall is compulsory.
Candidates must have to paste their passport size photograph on the admit card. Besides Admit cards, candidates must have carried a Xerox copy of permanent or provincial copy registration with MCI/SMC. Taking a valid citizenship proof such as passport, aadhar card, driving license, Voter ID, PAN Card is also necessary.
NEET SS 2021 Examination Pattern
As we all know that the NEET SS 2021 will also be held online, so candidates must have to be familiar with the examination pattern to crack the examination. The examination pattern of NEET SS test is mentioned below. The candidates can choose maximum two Super Specialty courses. As per the course there will be a separate question paper for each one.
- The quested paper is based on Post graduation syllabus.
- The total number of questions asked in the question paper is 100.
- The Duration of one question paper of the NEET SS examination will be maximum 1 hour and 45 minutes. On the other hand, the duration of two SS courses will be 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Examination will be conducted online.
- Question paper will be divided into two parts.
- Maximum duration for part A is 45 mins and for B is 60 minutes.
- 4 marks will be provided for each correct answer.
- 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- There will be no negative.
|Parts of Question paper||No. of Questions||Maximum marks|
|Question paper A||40 questions||40 marks|
|Question paper B||60 questions||60 marks|
NEET SS 2021 Syllabus
The test takers who are going to sit for NEET SS examination must be aware of the syllabus after knowing the exam pattern. If you also want to ace the NEET SS, then you must have to prepare according to the pattern and syllabus of examination. Syllabus covers the important topics that must be prepared by the candidates.
Question paper A contains multiple choice questions from single feeder board specialty courses. In case there is a single feeder board specialty course then questions will be from one board specialty.
However, if there were multiple feeder board specialty courses then part A consists of questions from all feeder courses.
Question paper B contains a total 60 questions from the topic of post graduate level syllabus. Generally, questions will be based on clinical practice and basic sciences.
NEET SS Test Centers
Test centers are actually the place or the city where you are going to give the entrance examination. At the time of filling the application form, candidates have to choose the city as the test center. On the basis of your choice, NBE will allocate you a test center in your preferred city. The details of the test center will be mentioned in your admit card.
NEET SS 2021 Results
Results of NEET SS entrance examination will be announced online on the official website. The national board of examinations is the sole authority to release the results. Results will be announced after one of the examinations. On the basis of the marks, students will be shortlisted for counselling. Candidates can check their results by using LogIn credentials. Scorecard of NEET SS comprises scores and rank of the candidate.
NEET SS 2021 Counseling
After the announcement of the results, a merit list will be prepared separately for different SS courses. After releasing the merit list, the authority will head to the counselling rounds to provide admission to the eligible candidates. NBE organize a common counselling for all seats. Shortlisted candidates can appear for counselling rounds. Counselling will be held in two rounds. Students have to register for joining NEET SS counselling.
Frequently Asked Questions
- IS NEET and NEET SS same?
- No NEET SS is not similar to NEET because NEET is conducted for providing admission in bachelor medical courses. However, NEET SS is conducted to provide admission in (Post-doctoral) DM/MCh courses.
- What is the eligibility for NEET SS?
- Candidates seeking to appear for NEET SS examination must have completed post-graduation and hold permanent/provincial registration with MCI/SMC.
- Is there any age limit to apply for NEET SS?
- No, there is no age limit fixed for the aspiring candidates.
- What comes after NEET SS?
- Before NEET SS, students have to pursue a postgraduate course in Medicine.