14 Jan NEET PG 2023: Registration (Started) Exam Date, Registration Process, Syllabus & Pattern
NEET PG 2023 is an official examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE), New Delhi. The full form of NEET is a National Eligibility cum Entrance Test that is conducted every year for all postgraduate medical courses. The examination conducting authority has announced official dates for upcoming examinations through its official website. According to the conclusive announcement, Examination has been scheduled to be conducted on 05th March, 2023.
It is a computer-based examination means it will be conducted through online mode. This examination is conducted to check the eligibility of the candidates who want to take admission in MD, MS, and PG Diploma courses in India or international universities.
Through this examination, 50% All India Quota and 50% State Quota seats are allotted in Central Government and Deemed universities to eligible candidates. Candidates who are preparing or waiting for NEET examinations now is time to prove themselves.
It is a national-level examination held all over the country, so the numbers of participants are also a great extent. It is conducted almost in 148 cities across India. The application process will start soon. So don’t miss the chance. The candidates who will satisfy the eligibility criteria are eligible to sit in the examination.
NEET Examination will be conducted for complete 3 hours and 30 minutes in your respective examination centres, the question paper comprises a total of 200 questions that will be subdivided into three parts A, B, and C. The candidates are advised to reach your examination centers ½ hour before the actual timing.
Read the article for complete more details such as registration process, tentative, syllabus, exam pattern, results, etc.
Latest Update on NEET-PG
- NBE has extended the internship cut off date from 31st March to 30th June, 2023 for NEET-PG 2023.
- NEET PG 2023 Registration has been started from 7th Jan to 27th Jan, 2023. Click here
- Exam date out, NEET PG will be held on O5th March 2023.
NEET PG 2023- Highlights
|Exam Conducting Authority||National Board of Examination (NBE), New Delhi|
|Exam Type||National Level Competitive Exam|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Types of Questions||Multiple choice question|
|Application fees||5015 for general category, and 3835 for reserved category|
|Purpose of examination||To offer admission is post graduate courses.|
NEET PG Exam Tentative
|NEET PG 2023 Application||7th Jan 2023|
|Last date of application||27th Jan, 2023|
|Correction window||14th Feb to 17th Feb, 2023|
|NEET PG 2023 admit card||27th Feb, 203|
|Exam date||5th March 2023|
|Result||31st March, 2023|
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
An eligibility criterion is the foremost requirement of any institution or competitive examination that must be satisfied by all participants to accomplish the same target. Eligibility criteria set by the exam conducting authority are given below;
- Candidates must have their MBBS degree or provisional pass certificate recognized by the National Medical Committee (NMC).
- Candidates are required to complete their rotational internship before 30 June 2023.
- Candidates who have completed their MBBS qualifications from Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible to take admission under 50% All India Quotas.
- Only those candidates who are nominated by the Central Government of India are eligible only after submitting an affidavit.
- All permanent pass certificate holders must take their certificate in the examination hall issued by the NMC, India.
NEET PG 2023 Registration Process
The official notification of NBE reflects that the registration process has been started from 7th Jan to 27th Jan, 2023. Candidates are required to go through the complete process to fill the application form successfully:
- For application forms, visit the official site of NBE. Click on the registration to process the application by filling in the personal details and qualification details, uploading your photograph and scanned Signatures, and end this process by making fee payment.
- Candidates are required to enter a valid email address, and phone number to obtain a User ID and password.
- The maximum size of your digital photographs should be 80 KB in JPEG or JPG format and Signature.
- You can choose your city only after you have made the payment successfully.
- Take a printout of the application form and fee payment for future use.
- Candidates can make payments by using their debit card, credit card, e-wallet, net banking, etc.
Although there is an option to edit details in the NEET application form there are some points that you can’t edit. Let’s have a look at these points;
- Name of the application
- Date of Birth
- Registered Phone No.
- Mail Address
- Examination center city
- Your Photograph and Signature
So, after reading the above points, you will get a fair idea that there are many things that you cannot edit. It is very compulsory to take time and fill out your application correctly.
Know About NEET PG Syllabus
The syllabus for the NEET PG examination question paper will be based on the following topics;
- Social and Preventive medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- General Surgery includes anesthesiology, orthopedics, radiology, Radio-diagnosis, etc.
- General Medicine including Psychiatry, Venereology, Dermatology, etc.
NEET PG syllabus comprises the subjects related to, pre-medical, paramedical, and clinical science, and following graduate Medical Education Regulations designed by the Medical Council of India. So, students have to prepare the subjects which they have already practiced in graduation.
NEET PG Examination Pattern
Candidates can check details regarding the Exam pattern for NEET 2023 complete marking scheme and exam pattern are given below;
- NEET Examinations will be held via online mode for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- The entire examination paper is divided into three parts namely A, B, and C.
- The total no. of questions to be asked in the examination will be 200 questions.
- The question paper will contain two types of Question format; 1. Choose the correct type 2. Non- Multiple types of questions.
- Question Papers provided to the candidates are printed in English Language only.
- Total marks for 200 questions are a total of 800 marks.
- The duration allotted for completing NEET Examination is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Candidates are awarded 4 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
I hope it will be helpful for you to understand the complete examination pattern.
NEET PG 2023 Admit Card
Candidates who successfully register themselves for NEET 2023 can download their admit card as soon as the downloading process starts. As per the notification disclosed by the conducting authority NBE (National Board of Examinations), candidates can download their admit card from 27th Feb 2023.
Admit card is also known as the hall ticket as it acts as the entry card. Candidates can download their admit card by visiting the official website, over there you have to enter your ID and Password.
While downloading the Admit card, candidates are required to put their recent passport size photograph on the admit card.
Required documents need to be carried to the examination hall.
Take your Admit card along with you.
Candidates are also required to take their MCI registration and valid Identity proof like an Aadhar card, Voter ID, Driving License, PAN card, Passport, etc.
NEET PG 2023 Results
NEET PG 2023 examination results have been announced on 31st March, 2023. After completing the examination successfully, candidates can check results on the official website of NBE https://nbe.edu.in/ by entering details such as User ID, Password, and Roll no in the user’s account.
Scorecard will be released in PDF form that contains Candidates’ roll no., Rank, State Quota category rank, All India Category Rank, etc. candidates are strictly required to secure at least a minimum percentile to be displayed in the list released by NBE.
Only passed candidates can download their scorecard for the admission procedure. Further, a merit list will be prepared separately for different categories, which will be passed to the respective state’s government universities for the counselling process.
NEET PG Cut-Off
The cut-off is a term used by the educational institutions which means the lowest possible marks obtained by the candidates in competitive examinations. The cut-off list will be displayed soon after a few days later. Candidates who are listed in this list can take admitted to PG Medical institutes by giving an entrance test if any.
This list is prepared by taking a few parameters such as the of participating candidates, No. of passed students, difficulty level, available seats, etc.
In the previous year Examination conducting authority reduced the cut-off marks by 6 percentiles to fill the seats. Cut-off marks of NEET 2023 for the General category are 50%, 45% for General PH, and 40% for ST/SC/OBC.
Counselling Updates 2023
The counselling procedure will be started in May/June for the first round. Counselling will be conducted by the DGHS (Directorate General Health Services) on account of the Medical Council Committee for All India Quota Seats available in Central and Deemed Universities across the country. However, State Quota seats are allocated by the State authorities. The counselling process will be conducted online. Qualified candidates can choose their college, course, branch, etc according to their choice.
Only Qualified candidates are eligible to participate in the counselling procedure. The candidate requires to register themselves for counselling bodies. Counselling will be held in two rounds.
- Scorecard of the same year
- Admit card issued by NBE.
- Marks Sheet of MBBS qualification. (First, second and third year)
- Internship completion certificate
- Provisional Degree MBBS Certificate
- Permanent Registration certificate issued by MCI.
- An Original Birth certificates
- 10+2 Education certificate
- A valid Identity Proof with a photograph.
- ST/SC/OBC certificate. If applicable
- The most important thing to be remembered is to be punctual and take care of time management, and allocate proper time for each question so that you can give equal attention to each question.
- Candidates need to understand the examination pattern and marking scheme.
- Candidates must have to maintain proper speed throughout the examination so that they can answer each set of questions.
- Study only relevant topics, don’t study in bulk as it will create more confusion for you.
- Choose new edition study materials, practice sample papers, and Daily FAQs, and also take a look at previous examination papers, they will be helpful for you.
- Try to give all answers as something is better than nothing.