03 Jan MECEE PG 2021: Exam Date and Counselling for PG COurses in Nepal
MECEE PG Overview
MECEE PG stands for Medical Education Commission Entrance Examination (Nepal PG Medical Entrance Exam). The exam has been scheduled to be conducted on 22nd January, 2022. It is a common entrance examination conducted in Nepal for providing admission in medical postgraduate courses. MECEE examination is conducted by Nepal Medical Education Board. MECEE is a national level entrance examination.
Indian students have to qualify the MEC entrance examination to take admission in their preferred Nepalese medical institution. In Nepal, PG admission is provided through MECEE results. It is a computer based exam organized in different examination centers. Exam paper contains 200 multiple choice questions for maximum 200 marks. To get complete details regarding the MECEE-PG entrance exam in Nepal, read the article properly.
MECEE PG Examination Eligibility Criteria
Students who are appearing for MECEE-PG entrance exam should possess certain abilities to be eligible for taking admission in Nepal medical institutions. The necessary criteria of MECEE is mentioned below. Please go through it.
- Aspiring candidates must possess an MBBS degree or any equivalent degree that is recognized by the Medical University.
- Candidates must have completed one year of internship after completing academic studies. It is mandatory.
- Candidates must be registered with the Medical Council of India (in case of Indian students) and same for the other international students. They must have a permanent/provincial registration with the medical council of their respective countries.
MECEE PG Application form
The application form of MECEE-PG Application form will be released on the official website of Nepal Medical Education Board. Application for the session 2021 has been already filled. India students seeking MD/MS admission in Nepal have to go through the application procedure to appear for examination.
Filling application correctly to avoid cancellation of application form. Go through the article to fill the application properly.
MECEE PG Application Form- How to apply
You have to register yourself by entering name, a valid email ID, and password and phone number. After providing these details, a user ID along with the password will be sent to your registered email.
Login ID and Password
Now candidates have to use the provided ID and Password to open an application form account.
Fill application form
After registration, log in into your account to fill the application form. Students have to fill the accurate details asked in the application form. Filling each field is mandatory. You have to fill details like personal information, educational and other details as well.
Instructions provided for filling application
- Students have to provide correct information. However, the fields marked with Asterisk sign (*) must have to be filled by the candidates. Don’t leave this section of application form unfilled.
- In the name field, one must have to enter their name correctly. You have to provide your First name, Middle name and last name in given order.
- Like, First Name- Vikas
- Middle name- Kumar
- Last name-Yadav
If you have two words in your name like Nikhil Rajput then leave the middle name box.
- First name-Nikhil
- Middle name-
- Last name- Rajput
- Date of Birth and the permanent address of the candidates must match with the information mentioned in citizenship and academic documents of the student.
- Aspiring candidates must have to provide one of the documents for citizenship identification of the candidate. Passport or Adhaar cards are accepted for citizenship certificates. Also you have to carry the certificate which you have provided as citizenship proof at the examination hall.
- All the documents must be clearly visible.
- After providing all the information you have to tick the self-declaration check box. Now, press the Save Information so that you can view and edit the details later. Don’t press the back button or Refresh button for editing information. Don’t provide any fake or inaccurate information in the application form. If the information found incorrect your form will be rejected.
- At one time, students can apply for maximum two programs by filling two different forms having separate application charges. Moreover, programs scheduled at the same day or Phase will not be accepted.
- More than two entries by one candidate will not be accepted.
- After filling the MECEE-PG entrance examination application form, take a print out and keep it for future use.
Upload the documents
After filling the details correctly, now upload the scanned copies of required documents. You have to upload your passport size Photograph, signature and educational certificates. Upload the documents in accordance with the dimensions prescribed by the concerned authority. There are clear instructions provided in regards to uploading documents or photographs. Let’s see.
- The candidate must upload a newly clicked photograph. It should be clicked in proper light.
- Don’t upload photographs older than six months.
- Position of the candidate’s head should be in a straight position and directly facing the camera. It should not be tilted upward, downward or any side.
- Only light colored backgrounds will be accepted. Background of the photograph should be plain. Make sure there should be no pattern or dark color in the Photograph background.
- Don’t wear any sunglasses or similar kind of objects except specs (if tested). All decorative items are strictly prohibited.
- Make sure that your head will cover at least 30-50 percent area in Photograph.
- Don’t wear hoodie kind of clothes or hats because it may lead to distraction.
- Image should be in JPEG format.
- Upload image having 350 pixels height and 300 pixels width.
- Maximum file size of the image should be 200 KB.
- Avoid uploading blurry images in MECEE-PG Application form.
Pay the application fees
Now, after registration, application form filling and uploading the documents, students have to pay the application fees through online medium or net-banking. You can use a debit card, credit card for making payment. Make MECEE-PG application form payment directly on the bank account of the concerned authority. Take a print out of fees payment slip for future use.
MECEE PG Documents Required for Registration
- Academic certificates/MBBS Degree must be transcribed.
- MCI registration certificate.
- No Objection Certificate.
- Work Experience certificate required for Government Sponsored Candidates.
- Passport size Photographs.
- Scanned copy of candidate’s Signature
- Citizenship Proof like Passport, Adhaar Card, Voter ID, etc.
MECEE PG Courses MD MS in Nepal
Qualifying the Medical Education Commission Entrance Examination is the only way to get postgraduate admission in the best institutions of Nepal. MECEE is conducted individually by the Nepal Medical Education Board. Through this examination, qualified students get admission in various PG courses of medicine. Moreover all the courses are approved by the medical council of India and recognized by other international authorities as well.
- MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery)
- MD Ayurveda (Kayachikitsa)
- Master in Nursing/Midwifery/M.Sc Nursing
- Pharm (Master in Pharmacy)
- Sc Pharm (Master of Science in Pharmacy)
- MDS (Master in Dental Surgery)
- Sc Clinical/Medical Biochemistry
- Sc MIT (Master of Science in Medical Imaging Technology)
- Optom (Master in Optometry)
- MPH (Master of Public Health)
- Sc PH (Master of Science in Public Health)
- MPhil in Clinical Psychology
MECEE-PG Syllabus and Weightage Marks
Nowadays, a significant number of International including Indian students are pursuing MD MS in Nepal. Well there are so many medical institutions that provide PG courses in medicine but few of popular institutions are Tribhuvan University-Institute of Medicine and B.P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences. These institutes are providing MCI recognized seats and also listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools by the WHO.
To qualify the entrance examination, one must have to know the syllabus and pattern of the exam paper. Since, the examination will be held online. Thus, it is a computer based test. There will be a total of 200 multiple choice questions in the question paper. There is no negative marking for unattempted questions. Question paper will be in English language. Moreover, 3 hours duration are provided for solving question papers.
However, for better understanding we have mentioned detailed information about the syllabus along with Weightage marks.
Syllabus of Medical Section
|Basic Medical Subjects|
|Community Medicine and Research Methodology||10|
|Questions on Mandatory CPD (rational Use of Drugs, Medical ethics, Communication skills and Infection Prevention)||10|
Syllabus of Clinical Section
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||12|
|Sub-total Marks||115 Marks|
|Total Marks||200 Marks.|
Medical Institutions/Universities Participating in MECEE-PG Entrance Exam
- B.P koirala Institute of Health Sciences.
- Tribhuvan University- Institute of Medicine.
- Kathmandu University.
- Patan Academy of Health Sciences.
- Pokhara University.
MECEE-PG Exam Admit Card
Admit card is a necessary document. Candidates must have to carry their admit card at the examination hall. Admit card acts as an entry pass for the candidates appearing for the common entrance exam in Nepal. Students can download their admit card directly from the official website. Admit cards will be issued after a few weeks of the registration process.
Students will be informed through email about the dates for downloading admit cards. Candidates have to log in their provided ID and Password to download the admit card.
MECEE-PG Entrance examination Nepal results will be announced by the exam conducting authority on its official website. Result contains the scores and rank obtained in the exam by the candidates. PG admissions in Nepal will be based on the merits of the candidates. To check the results, enter your ID and Password on the official website.
MECEE PG Counselling
Medical Education Common Entrance Examination counselling process will be started after the declaration of the results by the Nepal Education Board. Students will be shortlisted on the basis of their merits and rank. Counselling is likely to be held in the month of November. Shortlisted candidates have to appear for counselling. Carry all the original documents such as mark sheets, Admit card, necessary certificates, Transfer certificate, Etc.