NEET PG 2018 is a single medical entrance examination to several MD/MS and PG diploma courses as per the supervision of Indian Medical Council Act 1956. No other entrance examination will be considered valid at the state or institution level to get admission in MD/MS/PG/diploma courses as per the Indian Medical Council of India act 1956. NBE will provide you all the needful information regarding you medical pg admissions. Candidates should go through the details carefully for scheme, eligibility criteria, scheme and pattern of examinations before contacting to nbe to clear their doubts and queries. Instructions and information mentioned are liable to changes as per the nbe authorities. NBE reserves the right to withdraw permission ,if any, granted, inadvertently to any of the candidates who is not eligible to appear in entrance exam even though they have issued their admit card. Candidates are requested to look into www.nbe.gov.in regularly for several other information and notices pertaining to the examination.
Application Form Available – Apply at http://neetpg.nbe.edu.in from 31st October 2017 to 27th November 2017.
NEET PG 2018 Notification— What is New
- NBE has declared that NEET-PG 2018 shall be conducted on computer based platform. The examintion will be held on a single day in single session.
- For security purpose of the examination NBE has decided to accept application form along with aadhar number for NEET-PG 2018 as well NEET MDS 2018. It is mandatory to provide addhar card details to appear in the examination.
- Candidates who have not yet enrolled for Aadhar, required to apply at Adhar enrollment center.
- Those candidates who have enrolled but did not received adhar card, may enter his/her 14 digit enrollment ID (including slash) printed on Aadhar enrollment slip.
- Those candidates who are domicile of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter Passport number/PAN/Driving Licence/Voter ID No.(If not having Aadhar Card).
To get admission for the post graduate courses in the medical field, NEET PG is an individual entrance examination which involves the following particulars:-
- Except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana, there will be all India 50% quota seats for MD/MS and other PG courses in medical.
- MD/MS/PG courses in all deemed universities all over the country.
- Armed Forces Medical services institutions also includes MD/MS/PG diploma courses.
- Few medical institutions which are not covered by the centralized admissions for MD/MS and other PG courses for Medical via NEET PG.
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- SGPGIMS, Lucknow
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bangalore
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
- State quota seats for all Medical PG courses.
- DNB Broad specialty courses.
- It is advised to the candidates to ascribe to NBE website www.nbe.edu.in, Information Bulletin and Website of Medical Counseling Committee www.mcc.nic.in for reliable information and periodic updates about the AIPGMEE.
- It is an alert mark for the candidates not to get allured by any various claims of any party or person or institute for qualifying the examination.
- Candidates can bring any such notices to us.
For NEET PG 2018 registration, candidates are requested to keep the data handy and well prepared with the following particulars:-
- Mobile number
Candidates have to ensure that they possess a valid e-mail id prior to their registration process. To register for admissions, you have to do login on its official website and click on the register. Before login, it is requested to the candidates to follow the instructions thoroughly. For the first time users, you have to create a profile. Online registration process includes various stages and process.
- Candidates have to click on “I am ready to register”
- Create a profile with your valid email-id with necessary information.
- Upload your photograph with your signatures.
Those who fail to meet the criteria will not be permitted to appear in the examination.
Candidates must check their NEET PG Eligibility criteria 2018 on www.nbe.edu.in. Before beginning the registration, students must gather all the mandatory information like their credit/debit card details, education history and internship details.
During online registration process, candidates will have to create a profile on the NEET official website 2017 and have to complete the online registration process.
The NEET eligibility criteria are mentioned below:-
- Aspirants must be Indian citizen
- Students must hold an MBBS degree issued by Medical council of India/State Medical Council.
- Students are accepted to complete one year of an internship on or prior to 31st march 2018.
An eligibility criterion is applicable for the NEET MDS as given below:-
- Aspirants must be citizen of Indian origin or overseas citizen with a card holder.
- Candidate must have a BDS Degree from any Government recognized college of India.
- Candidates must have completed one year compulsory internship from any renowned and recognized college of India.
NEET PG 2018 Application form
Application Form is available on NEET official website 2017 http://neetpg.nbe.edu.in . The exam is scheduled to be held in total 41 cities across the country. Aspirants are requested to keep updated with NEET PG 2018 latest news.
Application form is available through an online process only. The NEET PG and MD registration will get started from September 2017. While filling the application form students may select their exam centre, date and time of the respective examination. You are advised to keep the print out of the confirmation page for the future use and security. While filling the application form, candidates must provide the correct data else their form will be rejected which will hence prove a colossal damage to their career.
NEET PG 2018 Application fee is Rs 3750/- for general/OBC category and Rs 2750 for SC/ST/PH candidates. The fee is non-refundable. You can deposit the fees through online payment mode i.e. via Net banking/Credit/debit card as per your suitability.
www.nbe.gov.in releases important dates. So that aspirants do not miss any vital deadline. It is listed below:-
- Release of Official Notification- 31st October, 2017
- Online registration- 31st October, 2017
- End of online registration- 27th November, 2017
- Start of Admit card download- December 2017
- End of Admit card download- 7th January, 2018
- Dates of Exam- 7th January, 2018
- Result Declaration- 31st January, 2018
- Counselling Schedule – After Declaration of Result
NEET PG 2018 Exam Pattern
NEET PG is conducted for all MD/MS and PG diploma courses. It is conducted in an online mode. There are total 300 questions in the entire examination. MCQ type of questions will be given in the question paper for which there will be one correct answer. The exam duration will be for three hours and 30 minutes. There will be two shifts for the exam. The exam will take place in forenoon and afternoon. Timings scheduled for the forenoon session will be from 10:00 am to 3:45 pm and for afternoon will be from 3:45pm to 7:30 pm. There will be no as such negative marking.
Exam pattern Topics covered in the paper are listed below:-
- Forensic Medicine
- Social and Preventive medicine
- Medicine, dermatology and Venereology
- Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics and Anesthesia
- Radio diagnosis and Radiotherapy
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Click Here to read exam pattern.
NEET 2018 exam pattern for MDS
NEET MDS exam is also conducted through online mode. Total 240 questions will be asked in the examination. MCQ type of questions will be asked and there will be single correct answer for each question. The duration for exam will be three hours and 30 minutes. The exam will take place in forenoon and afternoon. Timings will be from 10:00 am to 3:15 pm and in the afternoon it will be from 1:15 pm to 6:30 pm. No negative marking in the examination.
Topics covered in the paper are listed below:-
- General Anatomy including embryology and histology
- General human physiology and biochemistry
- Dental anatomy, Embryology and Oral histology
- General pathology and Microbiology
- General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Dental Materials
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Oral pathology and Oral Microbiology
- Oral Medicine and radiology
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Prosthodontics and crown and bridge
- Conservative dentistry and Endodontics
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Public Health dentistry
Mandatory documents required at the examination hall:-
To appear in the examination hall, candidates are required to bring mandatory documents along with them.
- Admit card
- Any original Identity proof like PAN card, Aadhaar card, Driving license, Passport or Voter ID.
- Photocopy of permanent and provisional SMC/MCI registration.
- Candidates who have done their primary education from outside of India and do not have SMC/MCI registration are required to carry original screening test past certificate issued on NBE letterhead.
NEET PG 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus will consist of all the topics from MBBS and BDS courses. Syllabus may consist of the subjects from the areas issued by the MCI with the approval of the Government of India. NEET MDS syllabus will be as per the updated regulations for BDS courses notified by the dental council of India.
NEET PG Admit Card 2018
Candidates can get their admit card once the registration and application form filling process is completed successfully. Students will get system generated acknowledgement on their mail ids once the registration cum scheduling process is completed. Candidates will receive their admit card via e-mail. Candidates have to take out the print out of their admit card and fix a passport size photograph in the following particulars:-
- Photograph must be 35*45 mm covering 75% of face and head of the candidate.
- Photograph must contain the caption at the bottom with the candidate’s name and date of taking the photograph.
- Photograph background should be white or light colored.
- Photograph should be printed on the high quality paper.
- Avoid any distorted photograph or with any reflection, shadow or red eyed photographed.
NEET PG Result 2018
Result has been announced in 31st January, 2018 via online mode. Result has been declared only for those candidates who have scored minimum of qualifying marks as per their category. Their score card contains their details and rank. The cut off marks depends on the minimum scores a candidate scores in order to qualify the examination. NEET cut offs depends on several factors such as availability of seats, number of applicants applied and level of the exam, etc.
Qualifying marks for NEET PG 2018 as per the categories:-
- General candidates minimum 50%
- SC/ST/OBC candidates minimum 40%
- PH candidates minimum 45%
The merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s marks. The merit list is prepared only for those aspirants who will score minimum of qualifying marks as per their categories pre-determined by exam conducting authority, nbe NEET. The validity of the NEET PG result shall be only for the current admission session for MD/MS/PG courses and cannot be carried forward for the next year academic sessions.
NEET PG Counseling 2018
Counseling may be initiated by the Medical Counseling Committee for All India 50% quota seats .The merit listed will be released after the result declaration. Candidates will be called for the counseling process on the basis of the merit list prepared by the authorities. There is no fee to be paid for the counseling process.
- All India 50% quota seats:- counseling for All India 50% quota seats will be conducted by Medical Council of Committee of Directorate General of Health services, Government on the basis of NEET PG results.
- Counseling for State quota seats: – The counseling will be done on the basis of result and will be conducted by the concerned states/designated authority/University.
- Counseling for admission to Private Medical Colleges:- counseling for admission to private medical colleges will be supervised by the concerned counseling authorities.
- Counseling for admission to Armed forces Medical Service Institution: – Admissions in the Armed forces Medical Service Institution will be done through counseling administered by Directorate general armed forces Medical services. Seat allotment will be entirely based on the NEET PG 2018 result.