NEET 2017 (National Eligibility cum Entrance test) is governed by the CBSE board. It is held for admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all medical and government colleges. It is a one tier exam which commences once in year, in the month of May. 2016 year onwards, AIPMT exam has been replaced by NEET exams. All the medical exams of any medical/dental stream will be filled by the score of NEET exams only. Candidates are requested to check the updated dates, schedule, exam pattern, syllabus about NEET 2017 including application form.
NEET (National Eligibility cum entrance test) is a national level entrance test for all medical aspirants. NEET has released its examination on 31st January 2017. This exam is conducted by CBSE board for giving admissions in MBBS/BDS. If you qualify this test then you can get admission in any government/private medical colleges. Aspirants must note that filling the NEET application form is a five step process. It includes downloading of information brochure, uploading of digital images, registration, signature, right hand index finger impression, application fee payment (offline or online as per your choice) and to generate the confirmation page. It is advised to all the aspirants to go through the exam pattern and eligibility criteria repeatedly before filling the NEET application form.
It is advised to the aspirants to keep a regular check on the official website of NEET to download the application form and for any other essential dates.
What is modish in NEET UG 2017?
- As per the orders of the by Hon. Supreme court, all seats of any medical/dental college will be filled by by the score of NEET examination only. From the year 2017, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India.
- Now, NEET exam can be written in 8 different regional languages.
- The candidates are allowed a maximum of 3 attempts for all candidates.
- All the Indian citizens should possess Aadhaar card at the time of filling the application form, issued by UIDAI. Aspirants have to enter their Aadhaar number, name, date of birth and gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data. Aspirants have to ensure that their aadhaar card carries all correct information as per their school records. If there is any mismatch then should immediately get that information corrected.
NEET 2017 Application form details
Aspirants can download the admission form through online mode. The forms is available from 31st January 2017. Last date for the submission of the application form is 1st March 2017. Requests for the changes in the entries of the application form shall be entertained till last week of February. Aspirants are well considered to take out the print out of the confirmation page and keep it safe for the future aspects. You are not required to send the confirmation page to the authority.
You can make the fee payment through various modes. Aspirants can pay the fee for NEET application form using credit/debit cards via online or can deposit the fee in the CBSE account of any authorized bank Syndicate, ICICI or HDFC bank account. You can even pay the application fee via paytm or any other electronic mode.
Category Application form
Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2017:-
- Aspirants should have completed the age of 17 years or on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum age limit is 25 years or on 31st December of the year of admission. The reserved categories will be provided the relaxation of five years.
- Aspirants must have passed or appearing in the 12th exams with Chemistry, Physics and Biology subjects.
- Indian citizens and OCI candidates can apply for this exam.
- Total 50% is required to appear in the NEET exam.
NEET UG Application form dates
- NEET UG Notification- 31st January 2017
- Online Application Submission Starts – 31st Jan 2017
- Last date to submit the application form – 1st March 2017
- Admit Card Release Date – 15th April 2017
- NEET 2017 Exam Date – 7th May 2017
- Result will be declared – 8th June 2017
How to apply for NEET 2017 exams?
- Log in to the official website of NEET
- Click on apply online button
- Fill all the required details mentioned in the application form such as Personal, exam centre details and academic.
- Deposit the application fee through debit/credit or any other modes.
- Keep the print out with you for the future safety.
Main feature of NEET UG 2017 exams
- It is essential to read carefully the brochures before filling up the application form
- NEET UG 2017 is available only on an online mode and no other mode will be accepted by the authority.
- Prior to filling up the form, the students must be ready with the valid email id and phone number.
- It is mandatory to fill all the fields mentioned in the form.
- For registration , candidates are required to fill up the details like
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s Date of Birth
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- Mobile number
- Email Id
Prior arrangements should be made by the aspirants for filling NEET UG application form:-
- Personal and academic details required
- Recent scanned Photograph
- Right hand index finger scanned
- Valid Email ID
- Debit/Credit or payment detail
NEET 2017 exam pattern:-
The exam pattern embodies of type of question, number of question, marking scheme etc.
- The exam is conducted through offline mode i.e. pen and paper based questions and answers.
- Paper will contain 180 questions.
- Questions will be objective based. Each question will consist of four optional answers. Students have to only on the correct answer.
- The exam duration will be only for three hours.
- The exam paper will have four sections and each section will have Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany.
- The language of the question paper will be English, Tamil, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati and Telegu.
- Each section of the subject will contain 45 questions.
NEET UG Syllabus 2017
- NEET syllabus consists of Physics, chemistry, Zoology and Botany.
- It will contain 11th and 12th board exam pattern based on CBSE and NCERT.
- Questions can be asked even from other board syllabus.
Preparation tips for NEET UG 2017:-
NEET exam is very essential for medical aspirants. Aspirants are required to make a proper schedule for the preparation with the best study material. If you really wish to score good marks in the examinations, then thorough revision, positive and sincere attitude with full dedication can lead you to your goal.
NEET Admit Card 2017
Through the official website of NEET, you will get your admit card for NEET examinations. From 15th April 2017, you can download the admit card. It is to notify by the candidates that NEET admits card will not be sent to you by post. The admit card will contain essential details like exam date, exam centre, name and roll number of the candidate.
NEET 2017 Result
The CBSE will publish the result on 8th June 2017.Aspirants can check their result through the official website. Candidates are requested to keep the print out with them till the admission procedure. A merit list will be released by the authorities for admission on the basis of marks scored by the students in the entrance examinations.
NEET 2017 Counseling
Counseling for state quota, Central institutions and universities or many others will be organized by their respective counseling authorities. Admissions will be provided to the aspirants as per the marks obtained in the entrance examinations. During counseling process, aspirants will be required to choose the colleges as per their choice. Seats will be appointed to aspirants as per choices filled by them. Through online mode, the Directorate General of Health Services will organize the counseling for 15% All India Quota.
Aspirants are requested to stay tuned for the latest updates about the NEET UG 2017 examinations.
NEET UG is applicable for various admission seats:-
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government quota Seats where the state Government concerned.
- Private/Medical/NRI quota seats in all Private/Medical/Dental colleges or any Private/Deemed University.
NEET UG 2017 cut off list will be published category and marks wise. Declaration for NEET cut off scores will be released with the result in the first week of June 2017. The cut off is the minimum marks that aspirants has to score in the qualifying examinations. Only on the basis of cut off list, merit list will be released and similarly, counseling will be done. Number of candidates appeared in the entrance exam, availability of seats and the difficulty level of examination will be the considered factors for the cut off list. For the general category, minimum qualifying marks is 50%, 45% marks in case of GEN-PH, 40% marks in case of reserved category. The exam conducting authority will prepare the merit list of the successful aspirants on the basis of marks scored in the NEET and eligibility criteria. Soon after the result declaration, result will be announced. List of meritorious students will be forwarded to the Medical counseling committee for the online counseling procedure.
Why NEET exam is beneficial?
Earlier, Students had to go various different medical entrance examinations to get the good colleges. They were burdened and suppressed with lot of pressure and stress. With NEET, they have to focus just on one exam and prepare themselves for one single shot to give their best to fulfill their dreams in the field of medical. This not only saves the time and energy of the appearing students but also saves their money on filling the various different entrance examinations. Sometimes, counseling and examination dates would clash, because of this used to miss their chances of getting into a medical college of their choice low. Medical Council of India has done all India Common entrance test and this will not make students to select between different exams or counseling. It gives clarity to the students to make their decisions with one exam and one score. It reduces the level of administration. Private colleges have to give first preferences to the meritorious students over students with money.
It is a do or dies situation for you. But stay positive .Study well, work hard and give your best. We are there for you to provide you are infinite guidance. All the best! Definitely, you will come out with flying colors.
During the counseling procedure, aspirants will be provided an opportunity to choose their colleges and seats will be allotted to the students as per the sections made by the students and seats availability.
We are here with you to provide umpteen knowledge related to the preparations for NEET 2017 examinations. Our tips will be valuable for you to crack this entrance exam and to achieve your set goals in the medical field. NEET is a national exam which is held all over and it is not an easy task to obtain the seat, because the number of students is more than number of seats available. It is a cut throat competition. Before appearing in the examination, you can prepare the NEET preparation books thoroughly as it will boost your confidence area before you sit for the exam.