MD Pathology admission in India has begun for the academic year 2017-18. Doctor of medicine in Pathology is a two year postgraduate course. Pathology is the course about the study and analysis of various diseases through the examining of the organs, tissues etc and students will learn the principles and systems of diseases. It studies and diagnosis of disease through analysis of organs, tissues, bodily fluids and whole bodies. Field of study includes cellular adaptation to injury, necrosis and inflammation, wound healing and neoplasia. With the help of this course students will be able to perform procedures designated for laboratory detection of diseases. Under this degree, you study the various subjects namely Microbiology, Pathology, Immunology, Medical Genetics and Neuroscience. This course opens job doors for the candidates if completed sincerely and seriously.
Human body is the most peculiar working machine in the universe so far. Under this course, you become a Pathologist who regulates various tests and examine the cause of a particular disease to inform the respective doctors on medication and cure. There is an immeasurable amount of research work involved in it. To become a Pathologist, aspirants requires hard work, dedication and spirit to detach the society albeit with good remuneration in lieu of providing its services .Furthermore, to become a competent and successful Pathologist one should have discipline, commitment to progress and flourish in their respective field. If you posses all these qualities in you then you are liable to become a Pathologist because you can save a life and single mistake can even take away a precious life. Dear aspirants, put your best foot forward.
MD Pathology Eligibility
- M.B.B.S degree with minimum 55% marks
- Few of the renowned medical universities even conduct entrance examinations for MD in Pathology.
Medical Colleges/universities have prescribed syllabus for MD Pathology
- Basic Sciences
- Biostatistics- P & S.M
- Biomedical ethics-ethical issues related to medical practice and Research Pharmacology
- Orientation to service departments by clinical and Para clinical doctor.
- Biowaste disposal-Microbiology
- Historical aspects
- General Pathology
- Blood banking and Transfusion Medicine
- Clinical Pathology
- Medical autopsy: Techniques and Interpretation
- Recent advances in all fields, related to pathology
- Organization of laboratory including quality control
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Routine Biochemical investigations and various organ function tests
- LFT,RFT etc
Some reputed colleges for MD pathology course are listed below:-
- Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University, Puducherry
- M.M. Institute of Medical Science and Research, Ambala
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences –AIIMS Delhi
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research PGIMER Chandigarh
MD Pathology course is suitable and helpful to diagnose essential pathological conditions in various spheres like histopathology, Cytopathology, Haemotology and Immunopathology. They should be able to measure and correctly interpret the representative materials obtained from the patients in order to arrive at the correct diagnosis. They must possess analytical thinking such as using logic and analysis to distinguish the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches. They should be able to maintain equipment like performing routine maintenance and determining when and what kind of maintenance is required the most.
Advantages of MD Pathology course
- It is favorable to work with other Doctors, medical specialty societies, medical laboratory professionals and health care consumers to set standards and guidelines for medical laboratory testing that help enhance a patient’s care and guide treatment. Moreover, it ensures the safety and quality of domestic and International medical laboratories.
- This course is beneficial for further studies like PhD
- It is suitable to constitute disease in living patients by examining biopsies or bodily fluids.
MD Pathology Work operations
- Hospitals Govt/Pvt
- Military Services
- Self Employment
- Healthcare Centers
- Academic Institutes
MD pathology Profession classifications
- Healthcare Representative
- Discovery Breeder
- Research Assistant
- Professor/Associate Professor
- Business Dev Executive
- Lab Technician
- Guest Relationship Executive
- Pathology Coder
All candidates and aspirants should register themselves for the MD Pathology admission for the academic year. Book your seats under NRI quota through us. We have provided you abundant knowledge for MD Pathology course, Hook up your dreams and learn MD Pathology in the best medical colleges.
Also read –