Confronting so many obstacles for clearing the PG entrance examination, students have to do lot of hard work to get a good rank. Their colossal hurdle is to select the PG specialty Branch. Nowadays, it has become compulsory after completing the MD/MS courses to get DM MCh admission as the seats and competition is increasing rapidly with the evolution of the time.
Different states and colleges/universities have different criteria for DM/MCh course. 90% criteria are similar in all states but still candidates must check their respective states and universities.
Application forms and registration dates have been released by the medical universities for admission to PG courses of medicine during the academic year 2017. You can even get the Entrance Test notifications for PG Medical courses, eligibility conditions, application filling form process and vital dates.
Aspirants who are willing to get DM/MCh admission have to fill the online application form at the official website. Abroad students of India can even apply for the course. They are permitted to submit single form at a time.
Post Graduate Courses available
DM: – Cardiology, Neurology and Nephrology
MCh: – Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgery, Neuro Surgery, Urology, Plastic surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
Eligibility for DM MCh Course in India
- DM cardiology aspirants must have M.D. (General medicine/ Pediatrics/ Respiratory Medicine) or equivalent qualification
- DM Neurology and Nephrology must have M.D (General medicine/pediatrics) or its equivalent qualification.
- Aspirant must hold a degree in MD/MS or DNB from a recognized medical college/university.
- MCh candidates must hold M.S (General Surgery) or its equivalent qualification.
- Aspirants must have qualified M.D /DNB Degree from any medical university recognition from Medical Council of India
- Overseas citizens are also eligible for the courses.
- Aspirants must have registration with Central/state Medical registration Council.
- Candidates who have not crossed the age criteria of 35 years are eligible to apply .Date of Birth should match as mentioned in the 10th Mark sheet.
Application Forms for DM/MCh
- Forms are available during the month of April-May.
- The application form with all the necessary enclosures should be completed.
- The application must be accompanied with the attested copies of the mark sheets/certificates/degrees/registration number certificate and other documents.
- Online process is involved in filling the form.
- You can download the form from the official website.
- All India Quota/State Quota
- Community Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Xth /XII th mark sheet
- MBBS/MD/MS degree certificate
- Migration Certificate/eligibility certificate from other universities.
- State Council Certificate registration
- Valid Indian Passport of the NRI
Process of examination for DM MCh admission
- Exam will be online based
- There will be single paper of 90 minutes consisting of 100 single best response type of questions
- You will get four alternatives and out of which you have to select one best answer
- If you select more than one answer than it will be considered incorrect answer and will be marked wrong.
- You will fetch four marks on the correct response.
- You will be marked as zero on not answering.
- There will be negative marking. One mark will be deducted on giving the incorrect answer.
MCh (Master of Chirurgie) is a degree given to the candidates who completes their Master of Surgery and is equivalent to DM which represents Doctor of Medicine.
This course lasts for two to three years which also implements the examination period.
Eligibility criteria for MCh course
With this degree Doctor gets a progressed tendency in surgery.M.CH course is entirely based on the practical and other clinical skills that a Doctor is required to possess. It is must for the candidates to maintain 80% attendance prior to appear in the examination for DM MCh admission.
Department of Specialization
Doctors who will to explore the science field and to obtain umpteen knowledge must definitely opt for M.Ch course. M.Ch has various subjects namely Cardio vascular, Thoracic Surgery, Urology, Neuro-Surgery, Surgical Oncology, etc. It is considered a very imperative degree for medical aspirants and shares the equal status as Master of Medicine. M.CH degree is regulated by the Medical Council of India.